Last Updated: March 2021
We like that you care about how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Data Protection Policy describes how we collect and process your personal information through our website and online shop and informs you about the following:
- Who is the controller of your personal information?
- What personal information about you do we collect?
- For what purposes do we process your personal information?
- What about cookies?
- Do we share your personal information?
- Where is your information processed?
- How secure is the information about you?
- What information can you access?
- What choices do you have?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- What about online advertising?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How can you object or lodge complaints?
- Changes to our Data Protection Policy
- How do we manage minors providing personal data
- How do you contact us?
1. Who is the controller of your personal information?
Runes Movement V.O.F., Wilgstraat 57, 2565 MB The Hague, The Netherlands is the data controller of personal information collected and processed through our website and online shop.
2. What personal information about you do we collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us. We receive and store any information you provide to us. You provide to us information when you search for products, place an order, provide information in Your Account or Your Profile on our website, communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, complete a questionnaire, request a return, file a complaint, or employ product availability alerts. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our services.
3. For what purposes do we process your personal information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide and improve our offer to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our services.
- Shopping cart. If you have placed items in your shopping cart while using an online account but have not checked out these items, we may send you an abandoned cart e-mail informing you that the items are still for sale. For this purpose, we collect data about which items are placed in your cart.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
4. What about cookies?
5. Do we share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share your information only as described below.
- Third-party services providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, and providing customer service. These third-party services providers have access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are not allowed to use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Data Protection Policy or the customer’s consent. Also, in the unlikely event that Runes Movement or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection. We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, protect the rights, property or safety of Runes Movement, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Separate notice. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
6. Where is your information processed?
Your data is processed within the European Union and stored in the US and Canada. When personal data is processed or stored in the US and Canada, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your data. More specifically, we will adhere to the standard contractual clauses of the EC or to the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
7. How secure is the information about you?
We design our systems with your security and data protection interests in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- Our website and apps may include links to websites operated by third parties. Such third parties may collect personal data from visitors to their website. We cannot guarantee the content or data protection practices of any such third party websites and cannot accept responsibility for such websites. We recommend you to read the data protection policies of third party websites.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
8. What information can you access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the your account section of our website.
9. What choices do you have?
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us on email@example.com. As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of them.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your customer communication preferences. If you don't want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the purpose and use of your information both now and in the future (such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to continue to perform our obligations under an agreement with you or to contact you in the future). In particular:
- Order information. When you place an order for our products, we retain that information for a minimum period of six years following the end of the financial year in which you placed your order, in accordance with our legal obligation to keep records for tax purposes.
- Correspondence and enquiries. When you make an enquiry or contact us by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as it takes to respond to and resolve your enquiry, and for 24 months thereafter, after which point we will delete your information.
- Mailing list. We retain the information you used to sign up for our newsletter for as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel our newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
11. What about online advertising?
We may participate in interest-based advertising. As described above, we may automatically collect data regarding how you browse websites, use applications and shop in order to enhance your customer experience, improve our customer service and provide you with communications and promotions from us or others. The objective of interest-based advertising is for us or our advertising partners to show you ads that are more relevant to your interests. You can limit our and our partners’ ability to collect and use the last-mentioned data. To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, you can do so on:
To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you may continue to see ads on our website and receive communications from us, but such ads and communications will not be based on how you browse and shop. As described above, you can also prevent automatic collection of some data by disabling cookies on your web browser.
12. What are your data protection rights?
Under applicable data protection laws (General Data Protection Regulation, abbreviated GDPR), you have the right to:
- Ask for access to your personal data (access)
- Ask to change or correct your personal data (rectification)
- Ask to delete your personal data (erasure/right to be forgotten)
- Ask to restrict the processing of your personal data (restriction)
- Ask to transfer your data to another controller or to yourself if we have processed your data based on your consent or based on the agreement you have entered into with us (data portability)
- Object to the (further) processing of your personal data if we have processed your data based on our legitimate interests (objection)
If you would like to know more please contact us at email@example.com.
13. How can you object or lodge complaints?
If we have collected personal data from you on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can at all times object to the processing of your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will in that case stop the processing, unless we have compelling legal grounds for the processing which override your interest to stop the processing.
If you do not agree with our decision in relation to your personal data, you have the following options:
- Contact us on email@example.com, so that we can try to resolve the issue together
- Lodge a complaint with the Dutch supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) at www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
- Ask the Dutch supervisory authority to mediate to resolve the issue
- File a complaint at the court in The Hague, the Netherlands
14. Changes to our Data Protection Policy
Our Data Protection Policy may change from time to time to reflect changes to our services or changes in the applicable data protection laws. We will not reduce your rights under this Data Protection Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any changes to our Data Protection Policy on this page and notify you personally, for example through an email notification, of significant changes.
15. Minors providing personal data
Persons below the age of 18 may only provide personal data to us if they have written consent from one of their parents or legal guardians who have read this Data Protection Policy.
16. How do you contact us?
Runes Movement is responsible for the processing of your personal data and acts as the controller. If you have any questions, feedback or want to know more about how your personal data is processed, or if you want to access, correct or remove your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at Runes Movement, Wilgstraat 57, 2565MB The Hague, The Netherlands.